Long Lost In Between

listen to somewhere breathing in me, the in between of all that is, and all that isn't.

help me stand still, just need a moment to take myself, away. As ashes fall to the ground, down to my last hit, im feeling my soul, its got a beat... somewhere there is a song my life holds very near... America is but a dream, but a dream my life can hear.

like portraits painted my thoughts can bear to stand alone, within my head i keep hung... say no words to describe the world i'm in, out loud i work, up close i smile, i wait for the sun, look away from the moon... a madness in the dark i found, a song inside my hands i fear... America is but a dream, but a dream my life can hear.

someone take me for a minute, away from here, just long enough to see ur world from my world, all the nothings in between, all un-found and all unseen. blow ur secrets in my way, give me a mad thought to unravel for the ol times sake... maybe just maybe, might even spin u around a few times, make u see things my way..... yes put my name on a prayer and send it away and i'll catch it with my heart and make a touchdown America.... u see my scars? they look for ways to find u here, in a place where a song plays in my ear.... America is but a dream, but a dream my life can hear.

think about the people who worry for me and i say never worry for me, fuck there goes my cigarette... raise my bet, im coming home, beneath the skies this broken man, fights inside a broken war, betting against all odds and more, but my broken will belongs to God. Therefore I repeat, home is but a frame of mind..... but to u i listen, and in u i see, a song that is playin for someone like me, in one eye u closing, in the other a tear.... Yes, America is but a dream, but a dream my life can hear.

Take ur chances, im a broken fall.... trapped inside an invisible wall. running for life, running for death, picture all the in-betweens in one long winded breath..... there is no transition, only survival.... a lonely thought in a crowded head, stepping carefully, very carefully in this world.... and i think about her, thinking about me.... i say if u gonna make mistakes just make em with me... and u will self-destruct in five, four, three, two... and in my heart, somewhere... yea somewhere in this wild heart, im hearing a song, a song that plays and its message is clear....... America is but a dream, but a dream my life can hear.

DSM

No comments:

Post a Comment