Sunday

tell me why u came to me
i saw u, walking this way, and watched ur lips mouth foreign philosophies
tell me how it is i can understand u
a man with no witness; a man with no particular place in mind....

tell me why u came to me
im a hundred times more desperate to outlive u, equally outnumbered, and in some conspicuous ways, already dead
then tell me how it is i can understand u
a man of anonymous fears; but the running kind; a man with no particular place to hide....

tell me what she said to me
before she disappeared, scattered into thin air, and ur eyes turned to glass.. quite the bomb she held for u
and even still i ask how it is i can understand u
the man who took her there, and left her there; yes, that man with no particular heart inside...


translate my offering while i stand above ur eyes. make me the last man u see... notice the nights, all tossing and turning deep inside? they fighting for her, what is left of me.
this u see cuz who else woulda known, against these odds and promises made; that i'd risk all with two twos if i've already paid...

and my grand illusions of me going home, living away the good, leaving behind my vices... its not hard to understand where i want to be
but then again, all the predictions in my mind are only temporary
tho the outcome is all of mine to dream....

tell me why u came to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment